Posted: Jun 18, 2012 5:23 PM by Irina Cates - KPAX News
Updated: Jun 18, 2012 9:54 PM
MISSOULA- Prosecutors said in court on Monday afternoon that the father who took a two-week old baby from his ex-wife last week told her he wasn't going to bring the little girl back.
Prosecutors said Vincent Seguvio, 23, texted his ex-wife that he wouldn't return the baby and allegedly told her that involving law enforcement was a mistake.
Seguvio is charged with burglary and parenting interference, while his mother, Nancy Butcher, is facing an accountability for parenting interference charge.
Seguvio allegedly forced his way into his ex-wife's home on Sherwood Street last Wednesday, pushed her out of the way and took the child.
Seguvio's mother waited outside in the car for Seguvio to come out and the two of them drove away with the baby.
The mother of the child told police she and Seguvio didn't have a parenting plan, but she filed for full custody after the baby was born.
Seguvio and his mother were picked up in Kalispell as they were going in to file for custody of the child.
The judge set bail for Segovia and Butcher at $100,000 each.